- #1 Choose a strong password
- #2 Do not share financial information or payment details
- #3 Be careful when sharing personal data
- #4 Immediately inform us if you think that your personal information has been compromised.
- #5 Be aware that the content you share on YUBO may be viewed by other users you interact with
- #6 Do not share anyone else’s personal details, pictures, or other private information without their consent
- #7 Make sure to provide accurate information about your age and identity.
- #8 Don’t forget to use the YUBO settings if need be.
Privacy & Security Tips
#1 Choose a strong password
One with the highest security level you can take when signing up for YUBO. Never share your password with anyone, including our team, and don't write it where it can be found. YUBO team will never ask for your password. Please report any user who is asking you to share your password.
#3 Be careful when sharing personal data
Do not share private details like your phone number, email address, home or work address, or other places you typically frequent, with users you don’t know. Keep communicating on YUBO rather than text, email, or other private messaging where there may not be safety tools and moderation in place to protect you. Remember that we have means to protect you when you are interacting with other users on YUBO, through our reporting system, our automated moderation tools, and our human moderators.
#4 Immediately inform us if you think that your personal information has been compromised.
Contact us if you think your YUBO account has been hacked or if you think someone stole your personal information. We’ll provide our best efforts to restore the security of your account.
#7 Make sure to provide accurate information about your age and identity.
Pretending to be older or younger than you are can put you and others at risk. We have strict policies regarding age and do not tolerate false information. Please report any users who are lying about their age and report any users who you think are under 13 years old. This will help us keep everyone safe on YUBO.
#8 Don’t forget to use the YUBO settings if need be.
You can increase your privacy and limit your exposure in YUBO's settings, particularly in the "Safety and privacy", "Push notifications", and "Swipe Settings" sections.