Millions of young people are using Yubo every day to just join in, hangout and talk. Our users are diverse and come from all around the world, so to continue building a positive and welcoming community we feel it’s important to have some rules and guidelines in place to ensure that everyone uses the service as safely as possible, and has a positive and respectful experience on Yubo. We may take a number of steps, including sending a warning, removing the content, or blocking the accounts responsible.
We have rules that may seem stricter than other social media apps but that’s because we want to keep you as safe as possible on the service.
Respect is very important for Yubo and will allow us to build a great community worldwide.
- Never threaten or intimidate other users. Always be kind and respectful.
- Don’t ask for nudes or other sexual content.
- Never harass, bully or spam other users.
- Don’t share content which is sexist, racist, homophobic or discriminatory in any way.
- It’s not OK to use pictures or videos of people without seeking their permission.
- Don’t use a false birthdate.
- Your face must be clearly visible in at least one profile picture/video.
- Never impersonate or pretend to be someone else.
- Accounts can only belong to one person. Sharing Yubo accounts is not acceptable.
We believe the following guidelines help to achieve and promote a safer and more friendly experience.
- You shouldn’t show content that is pornographic, sexually explicit or involves sexual violence or assault.
- Don’t show content that is gory or has graphic injuries.
- Don’t share content that promotes violence such as violent acts, guns, knives, or other weapons.
- To keep you as safe as possible, wearing inappropriate clothing such as underwear or swimwear isn’t allowed. It’s also not OK to be fully or partially nude.
- Don’t use or promote drugs, drug accessories or equipment.
Advertisement and Scams
As Yubo is not a marketplace, we don’t allow any advertisement of products or services, scams, or malicious conduct.
- Items or services for sale.
- Selling Yubo accounts.
- Asking others to send you money.
- Coupon codes, sales links or referral links.
- Phishing, sending malicious links, malware or viruses.
- Deceiving others such as pretending to be in distress or danger.
- Advertising your Paypal, Cashapp or other payment service links or QR codes.
Self-injury and Suicide
We understand at Yubo that some young people are facing and dealing with some difficult issues in their everyday lives, and want to meet and share some of these challenges. But it’s important to have a Yubo community that promotes safety and wellness, which is why it’s not OK to show content that promotes eating disorders and other forms of self-injury such as cutting. Any encouragement of others to participate in these behaviors or make fun of people with such difficulties will result in the content being removed and the accounts banned.
Sexual Exploitation of Minors
Sexual content involving minors is illegal. You should never share, save, screenshot or send nude or sexual content to anyone who is under 18 years old. Even if the content involves yourself. You also shouldn’t ask minors to send sexual content to you. Any child sexual exploitation will be reported directly to the police.
Keep It Lawful
Don’t use Yubo for any illegal activities, including but not limited to the following.
- Selling illegal goods or services.
- Promoting or advertising sexual services.
- Trying to access other users’ accounts.
- Attempting to damage or interfere with Yubo’s services.
- Making hateful content or promoting violence or organized crime of any kind, including terrorism.
- Sharing of copyrighted content, such as TV shows, movies, music or sporting events.
Attempting to get around or bypass suspensions, bans, or locked accounts by any means is not allowed. Any attempt may result in further suspensions of increased durations, or even a permanent ban from the app.
We take any rules broken seriously. The actions we will take against content and behavior that breaks our guidelines depends on the rules broken and the severity. We will carefully look into each case to determine the action required.
You too can do a lot to help us! You can report any users that don’t respect our community guidelines, our Safety Team will conduct a thorough investigation into the report. Learn more about how you can report users and behavior.
Last updated: 10 September 2020